can't rename activities/no activiities settings

Matt Price moptop99 at
Mon Apr 30 10:44:15 UTC 2012

I'm a longtime ubuntu user finally driven to KDE by Unity.  I'm slowly
finding my feet and am quite excited about the Activities feature of
KDE. I understand I ought to be able to name activities and set other
features of them in the desktop settings screen under "activities" but
my "Desktop Settings" screen is actually quite bare, showing only
"view" and "mouse".  I installed kubuntu using "apt-get install
kubuntu-desktop" but I suspect I'm missing some packages or something.

 I've filed a bug but wonder if this is a silly user error better
addressed on a mailing list; there's a screenshot attached to the bug,

Appreciate  any help! Thanks,