Activities vs. virtual desktops

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:32:41 UTC 2012

Waleed Hamra said the following at 04/29/2012 09:24 AM :

> very good question, i'm hoping for an explanation a well, never used
> activities, and don't know what they are :S

I used them for a while, and then at some point a Kubuntu upgrade caused all
of them except the default activity to disappear. Haven't bothered with them
since... I couldn't see any advantage to them in practice, they were buggy,
and then losing them during an upgrade was the last straw (although I have no
idea whether the fault for that was KDE's or Kubuntu's).

Sometimes it's hard for this user not to get the impression that swathes of
Kubuntu, or even KDE4 in general, are not intended for real work.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR