Kontact in Kubuntu 11.10: how to import a local calendar into the Akonadi Googledata calendar?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:19:16 UTC 2012

Thanks for your feedback so far.

> The existing akonadi-googledata is fairly busted and unamintained.
> A new akonadi resource has recently been released
> http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi-google/
> It is not yet in Precise, but there is a testing package here:
> https://launchpad.net/~acelankao/+archive/kde<https://launchpad.net/%7Eacelankao/+archive/kde>
> as well as in other ppa repos

In the mean time, I did manage to install this new resource via the PPA
indicated above.

> You don't have to remove any existing google resources,

Now I have two Akonadi calendar resources running next to one another - the
old one and the new one. They do not merge. But when I check/ activate the
new one, nothing happens so far. What best to do?

> and once installed you
> add a new resource called "Google Calendar and Tasks"

I have done so.

> One small caveat I have found is that it will error if you try to use the
> parent "<username>@gmail.com" instead of a sub-category when selecting a
> calnedar to use when creating a new entry.

 How can I make sure to use such a "sub-category"?

> Other wise, it is syncing my
> testing events and to-do items  well.

Events still show up via the old Google calendar resource as well as via
some local calendar.
The whole to-do list is at the local calendar.
I still do not manage to import that local calendar into the google one.

In the mean time, Clay, I see a new message from you coming in. I take a
look at it now.
Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

> --