Activities and non KDE Apps
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:56:19 UTC 2012
Have done a bit of experimenting and in the process have come to quite
appreciate activities and they will be a lot better once apps behave better
under them *and* panels respect them.
I've found konqueror to be quite good - with it I can:
- Start it in two different activities with a different set of tabs open in
- stopping one activity still leaves a konqueror process running, as you woudl
- stopping both activites stops the konq process.
- No matter which order I stop/start the actitivies, konqueror opens up in the
same position with the right set of tabs per its parent activity (ie. a
different set for each activities).
This is pretty much how I would expect an app to work with activities, for
example I have:
- konq up with half a dozen tabs open to different online comics
- Konq opens to a few online references
- Eclipse (does not stop though)
- A bunch of short cuts to my favourite games
rekonq ufortunately seems to open a random set of saved tabs per activity, I
guess its not activity aware.
I'd *really* like to have different panels per activity but unfortunately its
not yet possible.
More information about the kubuntu-users