Upgrade Trail

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Apr 15 08:02:54 UTC 2012

Bill Vance wrote:
> I'm using 10.04 at the moment.  Which of the newer distro's
> is the long term support one?

12.04 - it will be available at the end of this month.

> Using apt-get/synaptic/et al, is there a direct path there,

Yes. Here are the upgrade instructions (for the current beta version, I
suppose it will be updated after release):

> or do I have to go through each intervening one to get to
> the wanted distro?

No. LTS -> LTS upgrades are direct upgrades. But as always, something
can go wrong depending on your installed packages. Therefore make
backups of your important data before you upgrade.