Upgrade Trail

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Apr 15 15:39:15 UTC 2012

eric jackson wrote:
> On 04/15/2012 04:02 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Yes. Here are the upgrade instructions (for the current beta
> > version, I suppose it will be updated after release):
> > <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PreciseUpgrades/Kubuntu/10.04LTS>
>
> I tried following those instructions yesterday and they didn't work
> for me. It did upgrade to 10.10  but not to 12.4 LTS.

Strange! Being curious I tried it myself on a copy of my main system
after I received your mail. It worked as described on the referenced
page, i.e. I got 12.04. Did you perhaps omit the "-d" option at the end
of the command? The "-d" is needed as it tells the program to upgrade to
the development version. I think it would upgrade to the next released
version otherwise which would have been 10.10 indeed.

Nils