convert dvd for smartphone.

Paul Stear linux at appjaws.plus.com
Thu Apr 12 09:43:34 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 17:06:28 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> > Hi,
> > How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on
> > a smartphone?
> >
> > thanks
> > Paul
>
> Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
> several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch, specifying
> all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those that come with it
> and modifying them as needed.
> It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
> subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for mobile
> devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles) or you can
> just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
> Very easy to use.
I have added sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases and then
did ---
sudo apt-get install handbrake
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package handbrake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'handbrake' has no installation candidate

Any ideas?
Paul