Webdesign in Kubuntu: what best to use instead of "Quanta Plus"?

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Apr 12 04:54:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Bas Roufs - message in English
<basroufs at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: is there any other package you would recommand me using
> for web design purposes in Kubuntu 11.10 and 12.04?

A couple of other programs which are frequently mentioned are bluefish
and seamonkey, it has a composer mode.  Seamonkey in all versions of
Ubuntu is out of date and has security issues... You can get more up
to date versions with ubuntuzilla,
https://launchpad.net/~joe-nationnet/+archive/seamonkey-dev. or
getting it directly from http://www.seamonkey-project.org/.

I thought I read something recently that said a set of plugins for
kdevelop will be used to replace quanta.  Perhaps one of the Kubuntu
developers can tell us more...

http://kdevelop.org/ says:
KDevPlatform
is a free, open source set of libraries that can be used as a
foundation for IDE-like programs.
It is programing-language independent, and is planned to be used by
programs like: KDevelop, Quanta, Kile, KTechLab ... etc.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=kdev

Chuck