Webdesign in Kubuntu: what best to use instead of "Quanta Plus"?

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Wed Apr 11 18:41:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Nigel Ridley
<nigel at prayingforisrael.net>wrote:

> On 04/11/2012 04:27 PM, Bas Roufs - message in English wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody
>> When switching from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, I remarked that "Quanta Plus"
>> is
>> not any more in the repository.  When checking this forum and elsewhere, I
>> found out that there "Quanta Plus" seems to be too obsolete.
>>
>> However it may be, at this moment, I am using at least 7 packages for
>> webdesign:
>> Kompozer - for "WYSIG" web authoring,HTML, CSS and PHP;
>> Kate for code writing, copying unformatted texts, etc.;
>> Gwenview for quick and efficient standard operations with image files,
>> like
>> cutting, resizing, etc.;
>> KSnapshot for copying images into single image files;
>> Gimp for more complicated projects with image files;
>> Firefox and other browsers to test the outcome of any web design effort;
>> "FireFTP" for file transfer to upload new pages to the web.
>>
>> My question is: is there any other package you would recommand me using
>> for
>> web design purposes in Kubuntu 11.10 and 12.04?
>> Respectfullly yours,
>> Bas Roufs.
>>

> Inkscape - great for creating SVG files and for manipulating the free ones
> on http://openclipart.org/ - which can then be exported as png's.

I definitely miss Quanta+, and I really wish it would be updated for later
versions of KDE. Alas, it's probably not to be.

I use Kate for coding purposes, and an in-house graphic designer for the
graphics on our site. ;-)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard at underpope.com) http://www.underpope.com