Webdesign in Kubuntu: what best to use instead of "Quanta Plus"?

Bas Roufs - message in English basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:27:48 UTC 2012

Hello everybody
When switching from Kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, I remarked that "Quanta Plus" is
not any more in the repository.  When checking this forum and elsewhere, I
found out that there "Quanta Plus" seems to be too obsolete.

However it may be, at this moment, I am using at least 7 packages for
webdesign:
Kompozer - for "WYSIG" web authoring,HTML, CSS and PHP;
Kate for code writing, copying unformatted texts, etc.;
Gwenview for quick and efficient standard operations with image files, like
cutting, resizing, etc.;
KSnapshot for copying images into single image files;
Gimp for more complicated projects with image files;
Firefox and other browsers to test the outcome of any web design effort;
"FireFTP" for file transfer to upload new pages to the web.

My question is: is there any other package you would recommand me using for
web design purposes in Kubuntu 11.10 and 12.04?
Respectfullly yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
Bas G. Roufs MA