Partitioning question

rterry at pacific.net.au rterry at pacific.net.au
Tue Apr 10 11:15:56 UTC 2012

Hi List,

Not particularly Kubuntu, but would appreciate some partitioning advice.

I've an asus laptop with an SD 120GIG drive + 750G second drive. The laptop
came with just Win7 on the SD drive. I installed Kubuntu 11 on the second
drive.  Now, I never ever boot into Windows, though for some irrational reason
(maybe because it is a licenced copy) I'm loathe to wipe it in case "I ever
need it".

I wonder if it would be possible to wipe the Kubuntu partition and re-install
a virgin Kubuntu 12, but partially on the 120Gig SD drive, to get the faster
boot up speed, if so I'd have to manually tell the installer what partitions
go where and what size and I'm not sure what to do during the install. I'm
happy to shrink the 120G partition with a partion manager prior to the
install.

Any basic pointers appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Richard