upgrade to 11.04 fails cause it wants to remove update-manager-kde

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:27:08 UTC 2011

Since 11.10 is about to be released, I thought I should upgrade to 11.04,
but I can't.  I have a pretty much stock install of Kubuntu 10.10.  I may
have upgraded KDE using the ppa packages.

When I try to upgrade it says that it can't because it needs to remove
update-manager-kde, but it isn't allowed to.

Earlier it said that it wanted to remove kubuntu-desktop.  I worked around
this by making sure that xubuntu-desktop and gnome-desktop were not
installed.

So I uninstalled update-manager, in case that was causing problems but still
have that problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael