Fwd: SAMBA

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 06:28:26 UTC 2011

I realised that Samba is not working well for no particular reason -- only
regular updates were done on this machine. Now the machine cannot print on a
network printer, nor one can browse network (other shared PCs or resources).

Through the Kpackage I see that Samba is installed, as well as what seems to
be some related files.  Just to note that the same machine did not have
problems some days ago.

Any ideas how I can see where the problem sits and to solve it?  Thanks.

The problems continue...  It seems may be that I have not all the necessary
files installed for Samba (like some libraries for example).  How can I check
whether I have all files and dependencies OK?

Thanks.