Clicking on link in kmail opens WineBrowser?

Chris Luck chris at bvhg.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 15:08:32 UTC 2011

Dave Thacker wrote:
> I installed wine last week.  Since then, when I click on a link in
> kontact,  I open a winebrowser,  in fact, I open dozens of
> winebrowswers and have to restart the machine.   Where can I change
> the behavior when I click on a link?

I got over this by clearing out all the references to winebrowser in
the System Settings->File Associations.  You will find quite a number of
references there, where there is more than one browser available it is
set to the top of the list thereby taking priority.  If you wish to
retain the option of opening winebrowser from the context menu in
Dolphin you can simply move it down the list.  I preferred to delete all