Version 11.10

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 07:51:48 UTC 2011

Pastor JW wrote:
> Problem being iced tea does not work with things like E-Trade's streaming
> quotes or any other financial site's pages that I use.  It in fact wouldn't
> work with 14 of my most used bookmarked sites rendering my computer useless
> for what I needed it to do.  I fail to see what is wrong with having a working
> computer.

So, if I have read the replies to my original posting correctly, this
means that Sun Java is no longer available in the repos for (k)ubuntu
etc and so, what ever distro I choose next time, I will have problems
with some web sites because of this.

For the moment then I will stick with Mint 10 which works well. Now I
am wondering what I, and others, can do about it with the next upgrade.

Or have I not understood this correctly?

Neil