Version 11.10

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 11:40:45 UTC 2011

I used Kubuntu for many years. Recently I tried Mint which I have quite
liked. Now that the new version of Kubuntu is out I have installed it in
VBox. I am trying it out because Mint is moving its KDE version to link
with Debian and also it is going to be a rolling release. That is not
for me, purely personal.

So I am looking at this new version of Kubuntu which I like a lot.
However there is one area where I seem to be stuck and that is the
add-ons for Firefox. The only add-on that turned up after installation
was Flash. When I looked to add Java run time I just could not find it.
On Mint it was there automatically after installation. (And there is a
stack of other add-ons set up for me automatically.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I must be missing
something somewhere. I would like to go back to Kubuntu, but not if
there will be problems with add-ons for FF. Luckily I am just looking at
it in VBox, so no harm done to my copy of Mint.

Thanks

Neil