Kernel hangs with kubuntu 11.10 amd64

Ardavon Falls afalls at qvxlabs.com
Thu Oct 20 16:59:32 UTC 2011

Beyond having amd64 & 8gb of ram what is your setup?
I have investigated further and discovered it has something to do with the
Optimus intel/nvida graphics thing in my laptop. I can boot now using a less
than satisfactory workaround (disabling acpi) but then I still can't used the
nvidia card for graphic intensive apps nor can I use ACPI features (multiple
cPUs, etc...)

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:40:38 AM Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 08:13:13 PM Ardavon Falls wrote:
> > The kernel keeps hanging when it boots with this message
> > [Firmware Bug] ACPI(PEGP) defines _DOD but not _DOS
> >
> > any suggestions?
> >

> > platform
> > Dell XPS 15z
> > Core i7-2640M
> > Fusion intel/nvidia(GT 525M)
> > 8gb ram
>
> No problems here on an AMD64  with 8GB ram.....

!DSPAM:4ea077be8141175920332!