Oneiric and laptop temperatures

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Thu Oct 20 06:46:35 UTC 2011

Just did a fresh clean install on my Dell Inspiron 1525.
I installed my favorite gkrellm and was surprised that it doesn't show any settings for
temperatures. On all previous releases [of Kubuntu] it always did.
A probable indication of something not right is that I tried installing a few widgets that
monitor temperature settings and a couple of them failed to start with an error about a script
failing to start. I did find a couple that did work though.

Any ideas....?

Nigel