Kubuntu 11.04 and 11.10: how to flexibly change from one system language to another and back?

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 08:31:31 UTC 2011

Hello everybody

There is one other advise I would appreciate before upgrading from Kubuntu
11.04 to 11.10 For various reasons, I need sometimes to change the language in
Kubuntu - at the level of a single application or the overall system. Language
flexibility in a single application (like LibreOffice or Kontact) is no
problem any more, thanks to some improvements that have come with Kubuntu
11.04. But the overall system language is still a problem, when changing it:
various buttons in the K-Menu, Dolphin, Desktop and panel bar keep the
language in which the system has been installed. Via K-Menu > System Settings
> Region and language, I do manage to change the system language "under the
hood". But only some of the buttons appear in the new system language after a
restart. I have no clue how to quickly adapt all the buttons to a new system
language.

Thanks for your reply. Respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.
--
====
Bas G. Roufs M.A.