digital clock widget shows time only in 24 hours format

Basil Chupin blchupin at
Tue Nov 29 06:57:34 UTC 2011

On 29/11/11 15:46, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Juan R. de Silva said the following at 11/28/2011 06:01 PM :
>> Anybody knows were Digital Clock keeps its settings. It might provide
>> helpful to delete existing settings and thus to force it to refresh
>> itself. But I have no idea where to look for them.
> I'd like to know that too, so I can set the font size in the panel
> properly. I have three clocks in the panel. Two look fine. The font on the
> third is the wrong size (indeeed, it's so large that it's actually clipped
> for some values of the displayed time).
> I asked here a while ago to try to find out where the values are stored,
> but the only response I received, which I'm sure was well meaning, said
> that clock fonts auto-size themselves. But they don't, at least not here,
> otherwise all three clocks would have the same sized font. So I want to
> know where the file is that sets these things, to see what values are in there.
> I don't know why this information (i.e., where the configuration values for
> things like the font size) isn't readily available when one right-clicks
> plasmoids.
>    Doc

You may want to read this to get an idea of how to work with KDE 4.7.x
(I am using 4.7.3). If you are having a hassle with anything on the
Taskbar - including the clock - you can replace it with the default
taskbar and then build it up from there to what you now have re
quicklaunch icons etc etc.

A hint if you do want to replace the Taskbar with the clean, default
one: DELETE the current one before installing the default one.

Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.