Bug? with 10.11 Plasma/Plasmoids

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:25:01 UTC 2011

I've noticed this. I think there are two bugs.

Firstly I notice on a couple of machines that the internet connection will refuse to come up if I do a 'Restart'. Only a full power-off power-on cycle works. I initially logged a bug about this in the Beta relating to there being no ethernet after resume from sleep but there's been no activity on it from the devs and I gave up. It's a bug in network manager and it was working in the early Betas but got broken about a week before release.

The thing with the plasmoids is trickier to track down. Again, this has only started recently (it doesn't happen on my natty machine running the same version of KDE) so I suspect it's something lower down and not a problem with plasma itself.

In your case your internet connection simply died overnight. I've not noticed this (was it wired or wireless? I don't use wireless as it's been flaky beyond belief since natty). Given what I've uncovered about network manager recently I wonder if your network controller has some kind of power-save mode it slips into after a long period of inactivity -this could potentially invoke the same bug I've found with sleep mode.

Mark