Hidden panel icons

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.co.uk
Fri May 27 17:47:06 UTC 2011

Anj Tuesday wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2011 19:13:53 Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Anj Tuesday wrote:
>>> I think the tray is for stuff that's actually running, to display status
>>> and notifications. But if you're using the fancy (non-"menu") application
>>> launcher, adding an application to the Favourites tab will give you
>>> pretty much that: the launchers won't add panel clutter, and they'll be
>>> a single click away.
>>>
>>> Anja
>>
>> Yes. Add to the favourites tab is one of the choices. I have never
>> looked at that, so I don't know where that tab is. More research!!
>
> Oh, it's the first thing that pops up when you click on the "application
> launcher" widget.

Well, I have had a look at the favourites tab. First of all, it does
appear in the menus but the icon (a yellow star) does not appear on
the panel. (And I cannot find a way to get it there.) So to use
something in the favourites list I have to open the Application
Launcher then click on Favorites then select the relevant item from
that list. A bit long winded. I should mention that I have the
Application Launcher Menu set to the Classic mode. Perhaps that is the
problem.

Neil