Who's Killing Lucid?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu May 26 17:05:29 UTC 2011

On Thursday, May 26, 2011 04:26:16 AM Bill vance wrote:

What happens if you just install Kubuntu without Firefox or Gnome?  KDE
support for Pulseaudio in KDE 4.4 is non-existant, which is why we didn't ship
with it in 10.04 (lucid).

I've got two systems here running Lucid that work fine with Firefox, but they
are upgrades from Natty.  When the Kubuntu ISOs were respun for 10.04.2 (you
don't say, but do you have the 10.04.2 ISO or an earlier one - the 10.04.2 ISO
comes with KDE 4.4.5 and so should be best) installation tests were done and
they worked, so please try just Kubuntu and see if you can get that working
first.

Scott K