It's working fine for others, so this is probably a hardware specific bug. Please file a bug using 'ubuntu-bug audio' in your konsole shell. That will collect relevant additional information that is generally useful to the Ubuntu devs that maintain that part of the system. Re: no mirophone in Natty 32 bit

Rod Lovett rodlovett at ozemail.com.au
Sun May 22 09:59:50 UTC 2011

Hi Scott,
              there are many others pulseaudio is not working fine for this time too with natty, though it may have worked with older snapshot releases eg Meerkat and Lucid where they got the pulseaudio automagic right for more folks perhaps.
I suspect this is not a hardware issue it is more likely coding error, maybe they can't fix it, and it is left to the user this time.

I made an error report 3 weeks ago, no result yet.
I have also emailed the ubuntu devs, who are deciding if a non dev can contribute anything at all, rather than recognising there is a problem.

  Also the seamonkey browser 2.0.14  package is kaput, no doubt code problems again,
I had to download the source tar.bz2 package and use that instead.
I also made a seamonkey error report on that about 3 weeks ago too.

Natty has been rushed out with some errors and they are off tweaking the next sid unstable snapshot already.

Perhaps they should  try a rolling release model taming the sid bleeding edge as they go, with their clever software engineering it would be really great I suspect.

It's working fine for others, so this is probably a hardware specific bug.
Please file a bug using 'ubuntu-bug audio' in your konsole shell.  That will
collect relevant additional information that is generally useful to the Ubuntu
devs that maintain that part of the system.

Scott K