Pulseaudio Comanded To, "Silence"

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Sun May 22 04:12:10 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Bill vance <faptagon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy folks;
>
> Since I re-did my Lucid system a couple weeks ago, I've been having a real
> nightmare getting Pulseaudio working again.  Nothing I've gotten from the
> archives has worked, including pavucontrol, which fixed it last time.
> Pavucontrol
> did inadvertantly give me a clue though.  In the input and output
> device windows,
> the volume slider bars are lacking a slider, and on the left, just
> below each empty
> slider bar, is the word, "silence".  I have been unable to find this
> documented,
> anywhere, in, "man pavucontrol", nor have I found it documented anywhere
> else.
>
> Help!!!

To get the best performance out of your sound system, try this:

sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

Works for me every time. ;-)

(Seriously, I don't have an answer for you. PA gives me nothing but grief,
and I always remove it the instant it shows up in my system.)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard at underpope.com)