No microhone sort of fixed in Kubuntu 11.04 32 bit

Rod Lovett rodlovett at ozemail.com.au
Sun May 22 03:20:39 UTC 2011

I could not use Skype due to no microphone being picked up in Kubuntu/
ubuntu natty 11.04 32bit.
It automagically did so in Meerkat and Lucid.
No automagic for natty, I had to apt-get remove pulseaudio then play
with ALSA settings on reboot which were not configured properly.
Microphones were all switched off as was line and boosters for mikes.
Then I did apt-get install pulseaudio and microphone worked.

The only problem is microphone is on all the time skype or not.
So where did the automagic stuff go I wonder?
Regards