flash stopped working on my computer

liviu.mirea liviu.mirea at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:12:12 UTC 2011

tv.debian at googlemail.com wrote:

> 18/05/2011 00:26, cori madden wrote:
>> I cant get flash to work on either chrome or fire fox, after the last
>> update it just doesnt register being there on either web browser [...]
>
> Hello,
>
> Are you talking about Kubuntu natty ? Which architecture : amd64, i386 ?

Funny, the same thing happened to me about 3 days ago. Maybe a recent
update?
$ uname -a
Linux liviu-P5Q-PRO 2.6.38-8-generic-tuxonice #42~ppa3-Ubuntu SMP Sun Apr 24
09:30:03 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I tried reinstalling the "Adobe Flash plugin" package but that didn't solve
anything. Firefox and Chrome ask me to install Flash and redirect me to the
Adobe website. Any ideas?

Thanks