new to list with a problem

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Thu May 19 17:57:11 UTC 2011

Obviously an internet connection.

Open "System Settings", then "Software Management"

Click "Settings" section

Then make sure the repositories with "restricted" in the name are selected.

Click the "Apply" button

Click the "Software Updates" section.

Click "Check for new Updates"

Click the "Get and Remove Software" section

Search on the aforementioned package, select it an install it.

Alternatively, once you apply the restricted repositories, close System Settings and from the CL

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras

Paul