Compiz in Kubuntu Natty

Lorenzo Bettini lorenzo.bettini at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:28:29 UTC 2011

On 05/18/2011 06:17 PM, jack wallen wrote:
>> 2011/5/17 Lorenzo Bettini<lorenzo.bettini at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> after upgrading to kubuntu natty, compiz does not seem to work
>>> anymore...
>>>
>>> anyone experienced the same problem?
>>>

> KDE 4.6 (and some earlier versions) has it's own compositor built in that
> offers the same functions as compiz and works very seamlessly.

actually Compiz works better than KDE effects; I can't tell this on
kubuntu natty since, as I said, compiz is not working; but in kubuntu
maverik compiz worked very well, while KDE built in effects were slow
and they were using CPU much more... even in this kubuntu natty, KDE's
built in effects do not work very smoothly...