Panel Woes.....

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:23:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Bill vance <faptagon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy folks;
>
> I was playing with something called, "wally", which supposedly lets you use
> whatever pics you want for your wallpaper.  I'm running lucid, and it
> doesn't seem
> to have that option on it's own.

I don't remember exactly where in systemsettings it is in Lucid, but
it certainly is built-in, and you don't need an extra package. Get to
Screen appearance or something, and screensaver, and just choose the
folder you want, how you want them to be sized and displayed, and how
long you want each photo to be displayed. I created a folder called
Desktop Pics inside My Photos so it would be easy to navigate to.

Dig around in systemsettings a bit, and you'll find it. In Natty it is
in Hardware > Display and Monitors > Screen Saver. You might be able
to right-click on your Desktop and do it there, also.

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez