Google calendar not synced

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Tue May 3 13:00:48 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, May 03, 2011 04:58:21 AM Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> I've installed the google calendar through akonadi.  When started PIM, in
> the calendar tab I see the entries from the google calendar.  However,
> when I place a new entry in the PIM's calendar, the PIM is using the
> std.ics, instead to the akonadi resource.
>
> And vice-versus -- when I place an entry in google cal through web
> application, it does not ever show in the PIM calendar.
>
> Any ides?
>
> Thanks,
> gk
Have you added  a google calendar to Kontact itelf? Not just the resource -
you have to add  new calendar - select Akonadi Resource, then a new dialog box
comes up, which should show something like "akonadi_gcal-resource_xxx". select
that, it may prompt for your google login info.

More instructions here:
http://thinkmoult.com/2011/02/21/syncing-kontact-with-android/
There is also a link to another method of syncing using caldav.
And another dav how-to link:
http://jpwhiting.blogspot.com/2011/04/kontact-with-google-calendar.html

Clay