dud microphone input

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 00:53:59 UTC 2011

Did you left-click on the sound icon on your panel?  Then
click on the MIXER button.  Once the mixer is open, did
you click on Settings->Configure Channels.  Then make sure
to drag the Mic icon to the Visible channels list?
I don't know if that is your problem or not, but it is
a way to check all the channels of your audio.
Of course, I am using KMix.  You may be using something
different.
Good luck!

Tom

--
  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")