Is Firefox, when installed on a KUbuntu system, different from Ub, or Mozilla FF? ; gre

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Mon Mar 28 11:42:07 UTC 2011

On Sunday, March 27, 2011 04:16:29 AM giovanni_re wrote:
> IIRC, maybe 6 months ago, when I was using FF on KU 10.4, FF had
some
> KDE ish features.   - Those were missing when I uninstalled that, &
> installed the FF direct from Mozilla. (I'd done that to get the FF
debug
> capability, which the ubuntu version of ff didn't have.)
>

> The only feature i can recall right now, that seemed different on the
> Moz version, is that
> Bookmarks > Bookmark All Tabs > Folder list dropdown button  >
> "Left + Right mouse button click on 'maximize' window button" to do
only
> vertical window maximize,
>
> caused the folder list itself to show the full hight of the window in
> KUbuntu, showing maybe 30 lines,
>
> but in the Moz version, although the _window_ would maximize
vertically,
> the size of the folder list is only 8 lines - ie, merely a small
> fraction of the vertically maximized window - the rest of the window
is
> blank space.
>

> Anyone know if that might be true, & if so, what KDE features
appear in
> the KU version of FF, which would not show up in the
> direct-from-Mozilla, or Ubuntu, versions of FF?
>
> thanks :)
>
> ==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW
HW &
> Culture http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/

yes, kubuntu adds the package firefox-kde-support which basically
makes firefox use kde's file picker. And also makes use of KDE's gtk
theme integration with a theme that makes it 'fit in'. You loose that or
most of it, when using a stock firefox from a tarball.
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net