Kvirc

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Fri Mar 25 00:52:46 UTC 2011

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:07:10 AM Knapp wrote:
> Kvirc is no longer working because when you try to sign on to freenode it
> says no and drops you because the 10.10 Kvirc is to old. Is a new one
> coming? Is there a PPA? I can't seem to find anything with my googling and
> can't even get onto irc to ask about the problem.
Plugging "kvirc ppa" into  the search engine brings up this as the first link:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kvirc
I forgot about this resource on launchpad for packages. At the bottom of the
page you can see all the available versions, as well as a link to search for
PPA's :)
this one seems to be the best bet:
https://launchpad.net/~alex-p/+archive/notesalexp
Can't vouch for the quality, but  it seems to be kept fairly up-to-date.

Of course there is always Konversation , Quassel and xchat if this sort of
security/vulnerability situation happens again

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net