Same fdisk errors even after running fsck.ext4 on 16GB or 32GB microSD cards

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Mar 21 08:31:49 UTC 2011

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Sid Boyce wrote:
> > 11.04 natty and all kernels up to 2.6.38-7-generic.
>
> Please elaborate? What error is it? And is your card reader even
> capable of handling SDHC cards?

Please ignore that nonsense - of course your card reader can handle SDHC
cards. Somehow I didn't see the attachment with the log.

However it would have been helpful if you described what you did instead
of attaching a log without comments. In that log I don't see an error
message from fdisk as I would expect from your subject, only this one
from the mount command:

| 8 / 9: Populating rootfs Partition
| Be patient, this may take a few minutes
| mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd2,
|        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
|        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
|        dmesg | tail  or so

I'm not sure what the script does here because I don't know the script.
But after the error message there is this hint:

| Unable to mount /dev/sdd2 at /tmp/tmp.GvquWTpaLd/disk to complete
| populating rootfs Partition
| Please retry running the script, sometimes rebooting your system
| helps.

From the log I don't know if you tried this - well I don't think that
rebooting would be necessary but maybe it would be useful to replug the
card and then run the script again.

Nils