Hello Everybody

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Sun Mar 20 20:49:14 UTC 2011

On 03/19/2011 08:38 PM, christer_wickman at telia.com wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
> I would like to know and ask for help. I have plans to buy a smartphone which is called Huawei U8150. Now to my question. Can one use KUbuntu 10.10 to control it and move mp3 in to it? And move pictures which one takes with it's camera? Because I would like to know. I have a sonyericsson xperia x10mini and have to say I hate sonyericsson because they just gave up on it. It uses Android 2.1 and will never get any newer Android because sonyericsson has decide that. That is why I want to buy a new one. The new one has Android 2.2 and is better then the one I have now. But I just would like to know if one can move pictures and music to and from it to my KUbuntu 10.10 computer? Hope someone knows this and hope you can help me.
>
> Yours
> Christer Wickman
I do not have experience specifically with the U8150 but because it is
an Android phone you should nave no problems connecting it to any Linux
system to manage your pictures or music. When you connect the phone to
your computer with USB it will appear like a USB disk. In Kubuntu you
would use Dolphin to move files back and forth.

--
In a world without walls and fences we don't need Windows or Gates