Interesting situation

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Mar 17 18:13:26 UTC 2011

Kubuntu 10.10 new install, fully up to date
Intel Dual core 2 gig ram
Standard USA keyboard

I have a curious situation with the number pad. With the "Num Lock"
turned off, no light on the keyboard, the keypad acts as if the num lock
is turned on. With the num lock turned on, light on, the keypad acts as
it were turned off. For all system use, password etc., I have to use the
numbers across the top of the keyboard. The number pad won't work at all.

I use the same keyboard on two computers through a KVM switch. This
computer is dual boot with Vista and it works fine there. It works fine
on the other computer [ Kubuntu 10.10 new install fully up to date and
Windows Seven ].