adduser

Waleed Hamra kubuntu-users at whamra.com
Sat Mar 5 23:07:47 UTC 2011

On 03/04/2011 09:12 PM, ray burke wrote:
> can anyone help?
> I am testing K10.10mm and want to no how do I add a user to my system
> to have the same
> privileges as me, so when I boot up mine and theirs shows in the login screen?
>
> ray

K-Menu --> System Settings --> User Management (under system administration)
to be familiar with your own privileges, click on your name, and click
modify, click on the "privileges and groups" tab, and take note of what
options you have. close this window, and now click "New", fill all
appropriate fields, go to "privileges and groups" tab, and check the
appropriate boxes, be sure to check the last one about Administering,
without it, the user can't use "sudo" or "kdesudo". lastly, check the
last tab, the security one, and also fill as appropriate. click ok, and
you're done, the new user can be used right away :)

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems