install Kontact 4.6 in Natty

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:02:04 UTC 2011

On 23/06/2011 12:36, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Thursday 23 June 2011 11:35:53 O. Sinclair wrote:
>> On 23/06/2011 11:03, Thomas Olsen wrote:
>>> Seems like a good enough reason to upgrade. Have you experienced anything
>>> else one should be aware of?
>>
>> apart from earlier observations:
>> 1. I was wrong on KMail ignoring "erraneous" pop accounts - it now
>> correctly refuses to finish attempting to retrieve the account (keeps
>> asking for password)
>> 2. mail collection on pop3 does not chew up to 25% cpu any longer..nice!
>
> Perhaps it was generating Akonadi/Nepomuk/Whatever indexes in the background?
> Anyways it's nice that it works :-)

actually what I meant is that KMail 1 used to chew 25% CPU for me on pop
email retrieving while KMail 2 is rid of that behaviour - so this is a
big bonus for me!

As for the buglets when I have time will try to verify them

As for the "conflict hang" it seems like some mails (have not happened
today) carries 2 "times" in the header (guessing here) and then it hangs
unless I happen to see the error message immediately and manually
indicate the solution