K3B error while burning Blu-Ray

Gerardo luisgmarengo at aim.com
Sun Jun 19 16:26:09 UTC 2011

Basil Chupin wrote:
> You don't mention which version of k3b you are using nor on which
> version of Kubuntu.
>
> I had a bad problem with k3b not being able to burn dvd9 -R discs - but
> had no problems with dvd9 +R discs. Problem was resolved when the author
> of k3b released a bug fix, and now I have no such hassles.
>
> (Oh, a PS: although the result of a burn to a -R dvd9 discs was an error
> message that the burn failed, the burn in fact was OK in 95% - not 100%
> - cases. So run your bluray disc to see if it actually works.)
>
> BC

I'm using K3B 2.0.2, KDE 4.6.2, on Kubuntu Natty 64 bit.  The first disc
that I burned, I used the default settings, and left 50 MB free at the
end, according to K3B.  That one had one file truncated.

On the other three discs, I specified burning with growisofs and left at
least 1GB free at the end.  K3B also ended with an I/O error at 99%,
however, afterwards, I ran diff an all the files and those 3 discs
burned properly.