Media player for internet radio?

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 23:15:38 UTC 2011

On 6/14/2011 10:18 AM, gene heskett wrote:

> Greetings everybody;
>

> My garage is also a workshop, making high quality sawdust. But my
> radio seems to be getting more senile than I am, refusing to stay on
> station for more than 10 minutes or so.
>

> I also have an old 1 Ghz I've Been Moved box with a 'Tahoe' main board
> in it with kubuntu 10.4 installed on it, called goat because its the
> sacrificial test box. Sunday I booted it and updated it, then found a
> media player that gave me a list of internet radio stations that was
> very extensive and I found a CW station that was playing decent music.
>

> Monday, I couldn't find that player again, all there seems to be now
> is RythmBox, whose radio menu has only about 10 stations, either
> classical or new age, and with about 90 db of bass boost. Obviously
> that is not usable.
>

> Can anybody tell me where the good internet radio program went between
> Sunday & Monday? Perhaps have synaptic re-install it maybe?
>

> Cheers, gene

> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>
> "Thirty days hath Septober,
>
> April, June, and no wonder.
>
> all the rest have peanut butter
>
> except my father who wears red suspenders."

There is SKY.FM script that you can add-on to Amarok if you use it.  Any
other
program and I don't know.  I happily use a particular version, there are
at least two
versions, to receive a number of stations.  They have a commercial
"non-advertising"
version as well as the free "advertising" version, however, I have no
problem with
the free one.

Tom

--
  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")