Problems with Kubuntu 11.04 so far.

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:02:05 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 08 June 2011 10:04:22 Mark Fraser wrote:
> > > 3) Audio CDs are recognised as CD-ROMs which means there is no choice
> > > to rip the audio.
> >
> > That's a bug (or missing feature). I think it's possible to set it up in
> > System Settings/Hardware/Device Actions but I spend more than an hour
> > yesterday trying to figure out how to make it offer to open Partition
> > Manager when I attached a removeable disk, all to no avail.
> > I just noticed that when you hover the CD-ROM entry in the Device
> > Notifier popup it says "Play Audio CD with Amarok" so it sees it as an
> > audio CD but there's only one option :-/
> > Well just ignore the Device Notifier popup, open Dolphin and write
> > audiocd:/ as the file path. You'll have to RMB-click just to the right of
> > the path name first if it is set to showing "bread crumbs".
> > Otherwise file a bug report at launchpad.
>
> As Clay said there is already a bug report on Launchpad which I have
> subscribed to.

I just looked into this one. The command executed is "amarok --cdplay". When I
try to run that it says: "Amarok is already running!".
So it's an Amarok bug, not Kubuntu.

I've made some Device Action files that adds "Open in File Manager" and
"Extract Digital Audio with K3b". The latter already existed as a global
config file but it's Predicate=[StorageVolume.ignored == false AND
OpticalDisc.availableContent == 'Audio'] doesn't work.
I'll attach them to this mail. Just copy them to
~/.kde(4)/share/apps/solid/actions and run kbuildsycoca4.
I've also added an action to open Partition Manager when a removeable media is
attached. Unforetunately Partition Manager doesn't accept a device as argument
so you'll have to select the device yourself.

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L