screensaver looks

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Jun 4 19:30:25 UTC 2011

Ole-Erik Yrvin wrote:
> Is it a keyboard kombination that opens the screensaver, when it
> fully locks I and I have to restart the whole PC when I come back?

If the screen saver has locked the screen, you could press a key or move
the mouse to get a password prompt. However, if your system doesn't
respond any more, there might be a bug related to your hardware. IIRC, I
have seen a similar problem on one of the Ubuntu lists some time ago and
it was related to hibernation of a laptop. You can search for known
bugs at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/>. Furthermore, if you can't find a
solution there, it would be useful if you tell us a bit more about your
hardware. Is your machine a desktop or laptop? What graphics card do you
use? Do you have desktop effects enabled? How long have you been away
from the machine when it doesn't respond?

> Re: Tex Questions

Just for your info, if you have a new question, it would be better not
to reply to a mail from the list but to start a new thread - just click
on the mail address of the list.

Nils