KDE 4.7

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sun Jul 31 20:50:17 UTC 2011

On 30/07/11 17:16, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 28/07/2011 22:38, Clay Weber wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 08:43:01 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> As I guess most of us know KDE 4.7 has been released. Anyone knows
>>> if/when it comes to Kubuntu Natty/Maverick?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sinclair
>>
>>   4.7 just made it into Oneiric, we may see it in natty as soon as
>> today. I
>> can't get on irc here at work so I can't check in at #kubuntu-devel
>> to see the
>> progress. It will be announced at kubuntu.org of course :D
>>
>> I doubt packages will be made for maverick
>
> It has been published in the Backports repos for Natty today

After one of the other threads in this mail supplying the ppa to find
kde 4.7, I have upgraded using the kde-full metapackage, but I now have
a problem in that when I boot into kde I get the login music played but
the screen stays black.
I am using gdm as my display manager as I have found that unity is
unbootable from kdm, plus I am also using the nvidia proprietary video
driver, as nouveau has never been acceptable on my system.
How do I find out what the problem is?

regards,
Steve