KDE 4.7

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Sat Jul 30 08:05:48 UTC 2011

On Samstag 30 Juli 2011, 09:57:03, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 30/07/2011 09:16, O. Sinclair wrote:

> >> 4.7 just made it into Oneiric, we may see it in natty as soon as today.
> >> I can't get on irc here at work so I can't check in at #kubuntu-devel
> >> to see the
> >> progress. It will be announced at kubuntu.org of course :D
> >>
> >> I doubt packages will be made for maverick
> >
> > It has been published in the Backports repos for Natty today
>
> What... ?? Upgrade wants to remove 79 packages, many of them vital to me
> (Akregator as an example). Am holding my horses until this is explained
> or fixed...

There's been some renaming going on as far as I can see. As long as you use
some GUI like aptitude to force your needs on this so called "conflict
*resolution* algorithm" you should be fine.
What I did was to go to the summary screen in aptitude and mark the old
packages to automatically installed so it would pick the new ones. Akregator,
etc. are still here and working fine.

  --Reinhold