Canon Pixma MP990 Wireless Printer Support

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Mon Jul 11 22:34:10 UTC 2011

Hi,
     I am trying to get this printer working in Linux. Before I can get
it working with cups I need to install Canon bjnp support so that cups
can actually see the wireless networked printer, where do I get the
package that provides this support for Ubuntu 11.04?
     Once I get the bjnp support I need to install the latest version of
gutenprint that has support for this printer. According to
linuxquestions.org, gutenprint has support for this printer, but
Mandriva 2010.2 which is using the same version of cups as Ubuntu 11.04
is only has support for up to the Canon-Multipass-MP970, hence where can
I get an Ubuntu deb package to install the version of gutenprint that
provides the Canon-Multipass-MP990 driver?

regards,
Steve