Openoffice - libreoffice

Paul Stear linux at appjaws.plus.com
Tue Jul 5 11:23:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Ever since I installed the latest kubuntu, which had libreoffice by default, I
have not been able to save my OpenOffice spreadsheets.
When I try and save changed the program just crashes, even if I open as root.
I can't see any logs and if I start calc in a terminal, no information about
the crash is displayed.
I have copied these spreadsheets to windows 7 and they work fine and save in
OpenOffice.

How can I completely remove libreoffice and install just OpenOffice?

Thanks for any help
Paul
Sorry I sent the original from the wrong address.