[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10.

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:34:03 UTC 2011

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 02:06:34 Bas Roufs wrote:
> Thanks for all the useful replies so far!
>
> It automatically syncs with Google Calendar. You can setup kontact to sync
>
> > your calendar with google calendar.
>
> Do you, Paul, or anybody else, have practical experience with synching
> Google Calendar with the one of Kontact?
>
> > * and contacts of Kontact;
> >
> > It automatically syncs with google contacts. I *think* you can sync
> > kontact contacts with google contacts but am not sure.
>
> Can anybody confirm this via his or her practical experience with synching
> Kontact address book with the one at GMAIL of Google Mail?
>
> Thanks, respectfully yours,
>
> Bas.

I recently got a HTC phone.  I do sync successfully contacts with google
calendar, as well as gmail.

The only major issue I have is that I have used for about 2 years the PIM
Kalendar and I have quite many items stored there (such as important
anniversaries or birthdays).  Now I cannot find a way to sync my standard
Kontact calendar with google calendar.  So on my phone I am missing all items
that were saved in std.ics.
gk