Grub screen when booting

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 26 07:45:36 UTC 2011

On 26/01/2011 16:51, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>> I have now done at least 10 tests taking a copy of the URL showing on
>> various pages of various articles on various online news sources,
>> sent the URLs to myself in e-mail(s), shutdown Firefox for each test
>> (shutting FF clears its cache on my set-up), clicked on the URL
>> using Thunderbird I just sent myself - and in each and every case
>> what appeared in FF was the beginning of the article and not the
>> page where I copied the URL.
> Even Firefox can do it - it's not _that_ shoddy. I just tried it with
> the URL I sent in the previous mail. Firefox shows the URL with spaces
> instead of the "%20"s in the URL bar. If I highlight the URL with the
> mouse I can then paste it in Kmail. But maybe your Thunderbird is broken
> and shortens the URL to the top of the page when you paste it?

Sorry Nils. Your response is a collection of mix-and-match. And then you
introduce the slur on Thunderbird :-) .

OK, you mention above that in your case your Firefox shows "the URL with
spaces instead of the "%20"s in the URL bar."

Why is this so when mine does no such thing?

I note that this discussion is occurring here in kubuntu, which is the
KDE orientated list. Is it the case, then, that KDE produces different
results to what occurs in the gnome environment (which is what I use)?

If so, then why should there be such differences?

BC

--

Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.