External drives

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Sun Feb 20 22:39:44 UTC 2011

On Sunday, February 20, 2011 05:24:49 PM Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have been told that a good idea for back-ups is to use an external
> hard drive. Do they all work with Kubuntu and does anyone have any
> helpful suggestions please? There are so many on the market it is very
> confusing.
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

Yes, any of them should work just wine. Though some may come with windows-
based backup helper software installed, they amount to really, really big
thumb drives as far as Kubuntu is concerned :) They probably are all formatted
in FAT32 so it is just a  matter of plugging it in and having it show in the
device notifier

clay