maverick: HP Officejet 4215 no longer prints text

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:22:41 UTC 2011

Waleed Hamra said the following at 02/16/2011 04:29 PM :

> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
>
> click "download hplip", and follow the instructions :)

Years of getting burned installing packages that don't come from the
distro-maker have made me cynic... but in this case I was wrong to be so
cautious. While the official 10.10 package is broken (at least for my
wife's printer), the instructions on the hplipopensource.com were clear,
correct, and resulted in a working printer.

Thank you.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR